Following is a list compiled over the years identifying people who do handy work. If you have any additions, or see that someone is no longer in business, please let Anne Aaboe know.
- Barsesat Woodworks, Samuel Ugarte, 510.730.5468, email@example.com
Handyman services and custom work. 2023: I found Samuel’s company on the web and it has outstanding recommendations. He came to install 12 drawer fronts/doors to my lower cabinets (they had been defective and had to all be replaced). He was able to come the day after I called him and he was efficient and very reasonably priced. …Anne A
- Danny Beltran, 510.414.1032 (cell) or 510.633.1488 (office), http://www.diamondhandyman.com/about-us/. “Danny He built the railing for our loft, installed child safety gates, did minor plumbing and electrical work, fixed faulty closet doors, and other around-the-house sorts of projects. He is extremely pleasant and very reliable!” June 2015
- Neal Cassidy “Homo habilis” — “He’s very efficient. Carpentry and household repairs.” 510.527.5913 May 2015
- Ramon De La Fuente, 510.200.1926, firstname.lastname@example.org. “Ramon housesits and also can do maintenance and small repairs. Reliable!” June 2015
- Roger Hammar, “Carpentry & Such,” 510.282.8790 has also been quite helpful.
- Francisco Perez, 510.290.9251. “He’s done a little bit of everything around my place (power washing windows, fixing window rollers, water line to fridge, new kitchen faucet, reseating and caulking toilets, installing exhaust fans, etc.). Highly recommend!” And from another homeowner: “Francisco is fantastic. He has done a bunch of odd jobs for us too, always great, and very responsive.” June 2015
- Amy Segal, 971.271.7105. Fix/Rebuild/Design/Solve. Email email@example.com. Recommended by Beatriz Motta.
- Cesar Chacach, 510.613.3071, recommended by Craig Davidson. “…only works weekends. He has a full time job. His work is impeccable. He does electric, carpentry, plumbing, painting, he does everything except tiling and wallpaper.” June 2021. “We were recommended Cesar by Craig, for painting jobs, fixing plaster board, the fence, and more. We, too, were pleased by the quality of the work, the price, and everything connected with the projects.” — Chava, May 2022. “we hired Cesar Chacach to install some built-in book shelves into our living room nook. The price quote was very reasonable ($650, we provided the paint and primer) and he completed the job in a single day. We’re very pleased with his work and eye to detail. Wanted to share Cesar’s contact details if folks were thinking about doing a similar project in your unit.” — Paul Sterzing, May 2022.
- Erin Mansfield, 510.681.3651, firstname.lastname@example.org, recommended by Melanie Lawrence and John Smail, whose bathroom was refurbished in spring 2022: “smart, experienced, reliable; reasonable rates, too.”