Carpets – cleaning
Recommendations from owners:
- Bob of Golden Bear Carpet, 510.834.9520. (2004)
- Excellent Window and Carpet Cleaning, 510.540.0344. (2009)
- Ron’s Carpet Detail, Ron Bouchard, 510.235.SPOT, ext 7768 (2019). NOTE: He does carpet cleaning, repairs, patching, stretching. He took out a huge stain (whole bottle of salad dressing spilled) out of a beige carpet, after another carpet cleaner had unsuccessfully attempted to remove it. Very knowledgeable and reasonable price (if you consider $150 reasonable, which I do give the magnitude and seriousness of the stain).
- Zerorez 877.321.0739
- According to Alix: I highly recommend Zerorez. I love how eco-friendly their service is–it’s the best proof that one doesn’t need chemicals to remove stains! My carpets had not been cleaned in a long time (because we sadly lost Steven of a Healthier Clean last year), and the dribbles and spots had really started to accumulate. I was a little nervous about them, in fact. But Ricardo from Zerorez is a genius–he completely removed every stain. And it was quick, too–and the price was right. I got my dining room, living room, and downstairs hallways cleaned and scotch-guarded for a little over $200.
- 2021 – Bay Area (877-321-0739) and Oscar was the person who came to clean my carpet throughout my condo. The price was very reasonable. Most important to me was the fact that this company does not use chemical products. Its operation is based on high-pressured water treatment.
Enzyme carpet cleaners for those spots that drive you crazy: Oxyclean — yes, the same as the one for the laundry.
Carpets – replacing
Neighbors have had good experiences (service, price, quality) with:
- Floor Dimensions
- Floor Store (with Tito Chavez as installer) February 2011